Graduates of The Evergreen State College do well in graduate schools all over the country and in all sorts of careers.
You can find Evergreen Alumni everywhere from the University of Washington to the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory on Long Island Sound, and from the University of Arizona to the University of Minnesota. They work at Microsoft and Apple, as college professors and kindergarten teachers, as legislators and lawyers and political activists, as doctors and vets, in Hollywood and in field biology research stations.
Evergreen graduates do well because...
- Evergreen attracts engaged, talented, creative students who really want to get something out of their education.
- Working full-time with students and writing evaluations of them makes it easy for faculty to write detailed effective letters of recommendation for them.
- Concentrating full-time on real problems is more like grad school or a job than taking separate disconnected classes.
- Working full time on a project you plan and carry out yourself, or on a responsible internship, prepares you for graduate school research or professional jobs.
- Learning to think about problems by synthesizing various disciplines and viewpoints helps prepare you to cope better with the complexities of the real world.