We promote indigenous arts and cultures through education, cultural preservation, creative expression and economic development. Learn more about what we do.
What We Do
- Multicultural classes, presentations, performances and more! See below for our upcoming events.
- Native artist programs—The Longhouse supports Native artists, and hosts exhibitions and art sales throughout the year.
- Native art grant program—Fund your northwest native art project.
- Venue services—Host your next event at the Longhouse with Evergreen’s Conference Services.
- The Longhouse is currently developing a graduate-level academic program: a Master of Fine Arts in Indigenous Arts - learn more!
Keep up with our latest events on our Facebook page.
Save the Date!
September 21, 2015 - Art Dedication for Fiber Arts Studio
October 16, 2015 - Native Student Alumni Reunion
October 17, 2015 - Longhouse 20th Anniversary Celebration
I have served as a visiting artist in many places such as France, New Zealand, Mexico, Siberia, Japan, Germany and in many Native Nations across the United States. I would like to say that my time spent at the Longhouse - House of Welcome at The Evergreen State College has been vital to my experience as a Native educator. The staff, programs and the community at the Longhouse are unlike any I have witnessed in many places of higher education.
The unity and strength present in the Longhouse has been proven time and time again. I myself will continue to donate what I can to the mission of the Longhouse and I encourage others to do the same. Giving to this place of welcome will in turn give back as it always has to the larger Native community. You will see in time how you to can be a part of the Longhouse history. It has been a great honor for me to witness and be a small part of so much good.
-Melanie Yazzie (Diné)
Former Advisory Board Member
Associate Professor of Art
University of Colorado-Boulder