The Office of the President

Office of Government Relations


The Washington State CapitolThe Evergreen State College Office of Government Relations works with state legislators, elected officials, and state agencies to advance the College’s legislative agenda.

College Resources

2015-17 Legislative Session
  • Governor:   2015-17 Operating and Capital Budgets
  • Evergreen:  2015-17 Legislative Request
  • Evergreen: 2015-17 Biennial Operating Budget and Individual Decision Packages
  • Evergreen: 2015-17 Biennial Capital Budget (PDF)
  • 2015 Legislative Bill Tracking
Evergreen: 2015 Fact Sheets

Performance Information

  • Washington Statewide PublicBaccalaureate Dashboard
  • Washington Results
  • Earnings Information for Washington Graduates Employed in Washington
  • Washington Higher Education Finance Report
  • Washington Technical Incentive Funding Model Task Force: Final Report 2013 (PDF)
  • Evergreen: Performance Plan Submitted and Accepted by the Office of Financial Management 2012 (PDF)

Governmental Relations News

  • 2015-01-11Obama Announces Free Community College Proposal

    On Friday, President Obama announced his intent to send legislation to Congress to make the first two years of community college free across the nation – America’s College Promise proposal. The proposal, a federal-state partnership, would be funded primarily by the federal government (75%) and ask states to fund the remaining (25%). In addition, to […]

  • 2014-12-19Federal Appropriations for Education Signed Into Law

    Recently President Obama signed into law an omnibus appropriations bill for Fiscal Year 2015. The bill: Provides level-funding for the Department of Education Increases funding to Title I and special education grants to states Funds $250 million towards the Preschool Development Grants program Funds an increase of $100 to the maximum Pell Grant – the […]

  • 2014-12-19Obama Administration Releases College Ranking Framework

    Today the U.S. Department of Education released the much anticipated framework for a college ranking system.  The framework summarizes the basic categories, institutional groupings, data, metrics, and tools that the Department is currently weighing in designing the ratings system. The purposes of the rating system are to: (1) help students and families make informed choices […]

  • 2014-12-19Governor’s Budget Released

    On Thursday Governor Inslee released his proposed 2015-17 Operating and Capital budgets.  The budget – Book 2- reflects the Governor’s focus that “after more than a decade of cutting vital services and neglecting obligations,… it is time to start reinvesting in Washington”. The budget proposes a mix of spending cuts, new revenue and reserves to […]

  • 2014-12-19Washington Senate Democrats Announce Commitee Assignments

    This week the Washington Senate Democrats announced committee leadership and membership for the upcoming session. Senator Jeanne Kohl-Welles will be the ranking member on the Higher Education Committee.  Kohl-Welles will be joined by Senators David Frockt and Marko Liias. In addition, Senator Jim Hargrove will continue as the ranking member on Senate Ways & Means, […]