The Upward Bound program is an educational enrichment program that promotes high school achievement and participation in post-secondary education among low-income and first generation-to-college high school students. We work with students throughout the academic year in the school. We offer field trips, stipends, tutoring and after school support, SAT/ACT and other testing support, mentoring and guidance, support finding and applying for scholarships and financial aid, college visits and assistance applying for college.
Upward Bound also offers a 6-week summer experience to its program participants each summer including a 13 night stay at The Evergreen State College. The Upward Bound Summer Learning Institute includes core academic courses, electives, work internships, cultural activities, and recreational activities. The summer program serves 90 students from diverse backgrounds.
Breaking News – Upward Bound is Hiring for Summer!
Resident Academic Assistant - Humanities, Writing, Science, or Math Focus
Stipend of $2,000-$2,300
That’s right we are currently accepting applications for multiple Resident Academic Assistants positions to:
- Provide tutoring and mentoring support to high school students
- Requires strong leadership skills, disciplinary skills and supervisory experience
- Room and board during residential stay and field trips
- Two week day program at The Evergreen State College – Tacoma
- One week supervising students on college visits
- Three week residential program at The Evergreen State College
Please see the job description for your particular focus.
Strong understanding of one or more of the following: Cultural Studies, Political Science, Economics, History, Ethnography and/or Women’s Studies. Humanities Focus Job Description
Strong understanding of one or more of the following: Literature, Composition, and/or Creative Writing. Writing Focus Job Description
Strong understanding of one or more of the following: Organic Chemistry, Biology, Horticulture, Agriculture, and/or Botany. Science Focus Job Description
Strong understanding of one or more of the following: High School Math (Algebra – Calculus), Mathematical Economics, Personal Finance, Applied Mathematics and/or Statistics.
Math Focus Job Description
Resident Hall Night Security
Hourly Rate $10-$11
Applications are now being accepted for multiple residential hall night security to:
- Provide Night Supervision of high school students staying in The Evergreen State College Dorms for 13 nights.
- Ensure the safety of students
- Respond in case of an emergency
- Work in a team with other Night Security, Resident Academic Assistants on site and the Residence Staff Supervisor off site.
To apply for a position, submit the following:
- College Employment application
- Disclosure Statement (Background Check)
- Cover Letter explaining their experience and skills to fulfill the position
- Names and current phone numbers of three professional references.
- Indicate which focus you are interested in
To Upward Bound
Attn Juana Vaughan
The Evergreen State College
Library Bldg, Rm#2113
Olympia, WA 98505
or emailed to email@example.com.