International Undergraduate Students
Evergreen travels to British Columbia, Canada
- Vancouver, BC: Vancouver Convention Centre, May 7, 2016, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..
International high school students should take the courses needed to gain admission to a university in your home country. Compare your studies to the preparatory course work described for freshman applicants and make sure that you have taken classes in composition, mathematics, geography and culture, science, and a foreign language, like English.
See an Admissions Counselor
International students with F-1 visas or F-1 status can meet an Admissions Counselor at a Washington community college.
International transfer students should complete a variety of courses in the arts and sciences, for example: the humanities, social sciences, natural science, and art. Compare your studies to the admission requirements transfer applicants.
If English is not your native-language, your English language proficiency is also considered. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are generally required. The minimum score on the TOEFL is 550 (paper), or 79 (iBT). The minimum Overall Band Score on the IELTS is 6.
You are not required to provide official TOEFL or IELTS scores if:
- Freshman applicants – if English is the primary language of instruction, submit an official set of test scores from either the ACT or the SAT. An ACT composite score of 24, or a SAT combined Critical Reading and Math composite score of 1100, are acceptable.
- Transfer applicants – studying in the U.S. may substitute English Composition 101 and English Composition 102, with a “B” grade (3.0) in both courses and a total of 40 transferable quarter hour credits.
International students may enroll in courses and/or programs offered on the Olympia Campus only and may not register for the Tacoma Program or the Tribal Programs.
How to Apply for Admission
- Complete the application for admission and pay the $50 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee. Use the online application if you can pay the fee by credit card or electronic check. Or use the paper application (PDF) and send it through the postal service with your check or money order to Admissions.
- Request your official academic transcripts from all secondary schools and colleges or universities attended. Usually these transcripts are sent by the school or college directly to Evergreen. If the primary language of instruction is not English, official academic transcripts will need to be translated by a certified service (PDF). The service you select should send the translated, official transcripts directly to Evergreen.
- Request your test scores as described in the "English language proficiency" section above.
- Your personal statement (PDF) is optional, but it can be helpful to understand your background and interests better.
International Transfer Students
Conditional Guaranteed Admission
The Conditional Guaranteed Admission is offered to international transfer students who will complete an approved transfer degree at: all documents are PDFs
|Bates Technical||Transfer Degrees||Admissions Form|
|Edmonds||Transfer Degrees||Admissions Form|
|Pierce||Transfer Degrees||Admissions Form|
|Shoreline||Transfer Degrees||Admissions Form|
|South Puget Sound||Transfer Degrees||Admissions Form|
A Conditional Guaranteed Admission Letter can be used to obtain the necessary visa and/or other documents to continue to study in the U.S.
What to do
If your degree is included on the Transfer Degrees list, complete the Admissions Form for your college.
- Send the form to Admissions.
- The Office of Admissions will review your form. If it is accepted, you will receive a Conditional Letter of Admission.
- Use this letter when making your request to update your visa status.
You will still need to submit an application for admission when you are ready to transfer. You will need your official transcripts from your college. However, you are not required to provide TOEFL or IELTS scores.
After you have been admitted
After you have been admitted to Evergreen you will need to provide a financial statement, which is required in order to issue your immigration paperwork. The form for the financial statement will be sent to you by the Office of Admissions. The financial statement should show that you have access to at least $36,000 (U.S.) to pay normal cost of attendance for one year at Evergreen. Detailed information about these costs can be found on the Costs & Aid page.