How to Register
Choosing Your Program
- Make sure you're looking at the 2015-16 catalog on-line.
- Click the "Catalog Views" drop-down and select "Freshman Programs."
- Then click the "Searching & Filtering Options" drop-down, and set "Starting Quarter" to "Fall."
- This will give you the list of the 30 programs you can choose from to register for fall. Read through them and make a short list of your top picks. Even though you will only be registered for one program per quarter, you should have some back-ups in case your top pick fills up.
- Once you have your top two or three picks, write down the Course Reference Number (CRN) for each. This is listed on the right side of the catalog description (or the bottom, in mobile view). Make sure you choose the Fall Quarter and Freshman level CRN.
To get into the on-line registration system, first you must log into your my.evergreen.edu account. Please do a test log-in a day or two ahead of time, to make sure you remember your username and password. You can reset a forgotten password on-line, or set up your account if you haven't done so already.
Once you're in my.evergreen.edu, click the "Registration" link, and then click "Register for and/or Drop Classes Here."
add reg 2 here
You'll be asked to select the term for which you're registering; make sure it's set to Fall 2015.
Add reg 3 here
If you click "Submit" prior to 8:00 am on Monday, May 5th, you'll see a screen that displays your open enrollment times (what we call your "Time Ticket"):
add reg 4 here
On the morning of Monday, May 5th, you should get on line and log in a few minutes before 8:00 am (Pacific Time). As soon as 8:00 rolls around, instead of the above screen, you will get one that looks like the one below. Right away, type the CRN number for your first-choice program into the text box, and click "Submit Changes."
Add reg 5 here
If everything goes well, you should right away get a screen telling you you are "Web Registered" and indicating number of credits:
Add reg 7 here
If your first-choice program has filled by the time you register, however, you'll get a screen that looks like this:
Add reg 8 here
If that happens, click the "Action" drop-down, select "Wait Listed," and click "Submit."
Add reg 9 here
Then, immediately register for your second-choice program.
Language about WL =/= registered!
Add reg 10 here
If you end up waitlisted for your first-choice program, don't despair! There is a lot of registration movement over the summer, and you may well move up and into your preferred program by the time fall quarter starts. Some things to keep in mind:
- You can always check your position on a waitlist by logging into my.evergreen.edu, clicking "Registration", and then clicking "Student Registration Details."
- If you rise to the top of a waitlist and a spot opens up in the program, our Registration office will automatically drop you from the program you're registered for, and add you to the one you're waitlisted for. This means that you should be certain that whatever you're waitlisted for is the program you would truly prefer! If you change your mind after registering, you can always go back and use the "Register for and/or Drop Classes Here" screen to drop your waitlisted program.
- For help with choosing a program, call Academic Advising at 360-867-6312.
- For help with the registration system, call Registration at 360-867-6180.