Quick Reference Guide
|Jay Field, Purchasing & Contracts Manager
|Erin Eychaner, Procurement & Supply Support Specialist 2||ext. 6357|
|Brant Eddy, Procurement & Supply Specialist 2||ext. 6358|
|Ira Peterson, Procurement & Supply Specialist 2
Searching for goods or services?
Contact one of the purchasing staff to discuss your needs. Do this in the beginning before you contact any outside vendors. The state of Washingtons procurement laws are stated in RCW 43.19.
For goods and purchased services the following threshholds are in place
- $ 3,500 or more requires a competitive quote
- $49,000 or more requires a formal written bid/proposal
Ready to submit a request?
- Enter a purchase requisition (PR) into Banner if purchase is under $3,500 or
- If purchase is $3,500 or greater, complete a Request For Purchase form (WORD / PDF); and submit it to our office. A solicitation will be created and posted WEBS.
Contracting laws are stated in RCW 39.29 and in OFM State Administrative and Accounting Manual (SAAM) Chapter 15. To view distinctions between and examples of Personal and Purchased Services click here. Reference OFM Contract Guides
For personal services the following threshholds are in place
- $5,000 or more requires a competitive quote
- $20,000 or more requires a formal written proposal
For client services there are no threshholds; services benefit students and some times the public, our clients. Most widely used for guest speakers/lecturers and performers.
Note: You must attend required OFM contract training before entering into a personal or client service contract. Register