Perkins Loan Program
Federal Perkins Loans are low-interest, long-term loans made through The Evergreen State College Financial Aid office to help needy undergraduate students pay for postsecondary education. The Evergreen State College is the lender for Perkins Loan and administers the program according to federal regulations. The Evergreen State College Perkins Loan fund is a revolving fund that, through the repayment of Perkins Loans, funds are made available for future Perkins Loan borrowers.
The Perkins Loan program offers unique deferment and cancellation benefits based on borrower situations and employment. For more information, please select one of the links provided on the left side of this page.
Perkins Loans have an initial nine-month grace period before repayment begins. The grace period starts when your enrollment at Evergreen drops below half-time or you leave The Evergreen State College (i.e. leave of absence, withdrawal or graduate).
Administration of the Perkins Loan Program
The Evergreen State College Financial Aid department:
- Determines eligibility - for further details, contact The Evergreen State College Financial Aid office at 360.867.6205;
- Awards Perkins Loans;
- Disburses Perkins Loan funds to the borrowers Evergreen student account.
The Perkins Loan Office (L1110)
- Monitors acceptance of Perkins Loans, Promissory Note signatures and updates personal and confidential information;
- Exit interviews;
- Processing of deferment and cancellation forms;
- Maintains the loan through repayment until it is paid in full;
- For further questions, you can contact the Perkins Loan office at 360.867.6440.