Rachel Carson Forum 2017
Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 3:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Lecture Hall 1
“Water Equity in the Anthropocene”
3 – 6 pm
- Live music and art presentations on Red Square and near the Lecture Halls
- Tabling fair for clubs and local orgs
- Come and tie-dye a t-shirt!
6 – 9:30 pm
Short lectures & round-table discussion on issues of Water Equity:
- European Fisheries Commissioner Ernesto Penas Lado will speak on fisheries’ response to climate change and a changing political climate.
- Anna Bachmann of Water Keepers Iraq will speak about water equity issues in that region.
- Andy Haub, primary author of the City of Olympia’s handbook on climate change, will talk about how Olympia is preparing for sea-level rise.
Open discussion around water issues to follow.
Sponsored By: MESA