- Indicate your interest and reveal your source of information.
- Outline your strongest qualifications.
- Focus on broader occupational and/or organizational dimensions.
- Describe how your qualifications match the work environment.
- Do some personal marketing.
- Convince the employer that you have the personal qualities and motivation to contribute to the organization.
- Suggest an action plan.
- Request an interview.
- Indicate that you will call during a specific time period to discuss interview possibilities.
- Express appreciation to the reader for his or her time and consideration.
View a model prospecting letter: Word | PDF