Prepare for Job Interviews
There is no secret to a successful job interview. You need to prepare and practice. Unfortunately, few people take the necessary time to do either.
To be successful you need to know yourself – your knowledge, skills and abilities, interests, values, and motivations – the kind of work you want to do, and the type of employer you want to work for. Once you know these, you’ll be more likely to find a job and an employer that is a good fit.
But your preparation doesn’t end there. You must research the specific position you want, the employer you hope to work for and, to truly perform well in a job interview, you must practice relating why you are the best person for the job by participating in mock interviews.
The following articles and reference guides are provided to help you to prepare yourself for a more successful interview experience.
- The different types of job interviews
- Common interview questions
- Questions to ask employers
- How to address illegal questions
- Advice on answering illegal interview questions
- Phone interviews are just as important as in person
- Tips for telephone interviews
- Preparing for a Skype interview (VIDEO)
- Dressing for interview success
- How to STAR in your job interviews
- Ten rules for interview success
Whether you feel confident about your capabilities to secure the job you want, or are still uncertain of your direction, we encourage you to contact the Career Development Center at 360-867-6193 to schedule an appointment with one of our Career Advisors.