Job Search Strategies
Sitting behind your computer searching the online job boards is not an effective way to look for a job. Like investing in the financial markets, diversifying your portfolio of job search techniques will allow you to expand your prospects of finding and securing a rewarding job.
Here is a list of some of the strategies you should use in your job search:
- Conduct informational interviews
- Access your college's alumni network
- Utilize professional networking sites such as LinkedIn
- Join professional associations related to your career interests
- Attend Job fairs and networking events
- Participate in internships
- Volunteer within your community or field of interest
- Research online job boards
- Keep abreast of current media and business news reports
For additional assistance with your job search efforts, you are also encouraged to contact the Career Development Center at 360-867-6193 to schedule an appointment with one of our Career Advisors.