Winter 2012 quarter
- Andrew Buchman music composition
- Fields of Study
- cultural studies, dance, music, theater and visual arts
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- Kicking around plans for future studies and careers will be an important, ongoing part of our work together.
Please send me a preliminary proposal via email and I'll help you shape it. I often recommend projects that combine some research (on an artist or style) with some creative work (a thematic portfolio or series of songs), with some technical practice (on an instrument or in a medium or style). Internships and travel/study projects are also welcome. I'm especially interested in students who work in more than one artistic discipline intensively; for instance, music and visual art. Drafting academic statements and investigating careers--vital parts of designing your own education--can also be credit-bearing activities.
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Schedule Details
- Generally, an optional study group will meet weekly, Fridays 2-4 pm. Regular contact with sponsor will be essential, but can be via email and phone.
- Internship Possibilities
- Internships with arts and education organizations and institutions; students can research opportunities through Evergreen's Center for Community-Based Learning and Action.
- Research Possibilities
- Library research, study abroad, ethnographic or interview-based projects (with Human Subjects Review when appropriate).
- Study Abroad
- Travel abroad or within the U.S. is a possibility, but only in careful coordination with the college's guidelines and practices.
- Offered During
|December 20th, 2011||New opportunity added.|