Winter 2013 quarter
- Ariel Goldberger creativity, artistic process, mysticism, writing
- Fields of Study
- consciousness studies, psychology, religious studies and somatic studies
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- psychology, philosophy, neuroscience, mindfulness studies, humanities and social sciences.
This class is devoted to researching and exploring the idea of consciousness from many disciplinary vantage points.
Participants will examine the latest developments in the study of consciousness in four thematic units focusing on the relationship of consciusness and neuroscience, psychology, mindfulness and spirituality. Modes of inquiry will include seminars, individual research, response projects and presentations. As a way to express Evergreen's collaborative focus, students will meet together on the first week of the quarter and will create a syllabus in collaboration with the faculty.
The class will follow contemplative educational practices as a way to develop concentration, mindfulness, and the equanimity to address the complex themes with a clear mind.
Students will also design a four-credit independent project based on individual interests. This project will be presented orally to the rest of the class by the last week of the quarter, and can include arts, presentation software, images and sound.
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning 25 - 49% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Offered During
|November 27th, 2012||Ariel Goldberger will be offering SOS: Consciousness.|