Summer 2013 quarter
- Paul Pickett water resources engineering
- Fields of Study
- biology, environmental studies, field studies, international studies, study abroad and sustainability studies
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- environmental studies, sustainability, Latin American studies, sociology, and culture
Participate in a week of sustainability field studies in Central America. Students will be working to support local efforts to improve the living conditions of both the people and wildlife of Jiquilisco Bay, an important mangrove ecosystem on the Pacific coast of El Salvador. Students will help researchers catch turtles in the bay to study and participate in a beach walk looking for nesting turtles. We will also take boat rides on the bay looking for wildlife, visit local towns, and immerse ourselves in the culture, and visit community development projects.
- Advertised Schedule
- Class will meet on campus 6-10pm on June 26 and July 24 to prepare for and debrief from the trip.
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- Enhanced Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Required Fees
- $1295 for EcoViva delegation costs including all room and board, local transportation, and translation
- Special Expenses
- Airfare to El Salvador (approximately $800)
- Study Abroad
Location: Jiquilisco Bay region of El Salvador.
Duration: 9 days, July 6 - 14, 2013
Delegation fee: Students must pay the fee of $1,295 per person in full by May 31, 2013. The class may be cancelled unless at least 6 students have paid their fee by the deadline.
Preregistration: please complete the delegation application at www.surveymonkey.com/s/ecovivaseeturtles2013.
Fee and tuition do not include airfare to San Salvador (estimated at $800) or travel insurance (required). All students must arrive on the same flight.
- Offered During
- Day, Evening and Weekend
|March 18th, 2013||Further revision to required fee: Fee must be paid in full by May 31, 2013.|
|March 13th, 2013||Adjusted deposit due date and amount of required fee.|