Summer 2013 quarter
- Theresa Aragon political science, public administration
- Fields of Study
- business and management and law and government policy
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- human resource management and general management.
This program is designed to provide a detailed overview of the main areas of human resource management. The program will provide an overview of major human resource functions including recruitment, training, planning, and performance management as well as the major employment discrimination laws including sexual harassment, disability, family leave, wage/hour, and the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). The program also includes a focus on the law under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) and unfair labor practices and union representation elections, with an emphasis on the right to engage in union activities free from interference, restraint, coercion, or discrimination and the duty to bargain in good faith. The learning objectives of the program will be met through reading of assigned texts, written briefings, case analysis, quizzes, study questions, class discussion, application of laws to “real” work situations, collective bargaining simulation, term papers and a formal presentation of a term project.
- Advertised Schedule
- 9a-5p Sat/Sun (Jun. 29-30, Jul. 13, 27-28) plus 8 hours of online work per week in lieu of class.
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning 25 - 49% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Offered During