Winter 2013 and Spring 2013 quarters
- Cheri Lucas-Jennings law and public policy, environmental law
- Fields of Study
- American studies, communications, community studies, computer science, cultural studies, economics, environmental studies, gender and women's studies, government, health, law and government policy, law and public policy, leadership studies, media studies, political science and sustainability studies
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- American studies, art, communications, community studies, cultural studies, environmental field studies, gender and women's health, history, law and government and public policy leadership
Individual studies offers important opportunities for advanced students to create their own course of study and research. Prior to the beginning of the quarter, interested individuals or small groups of students must consult with the faculty sponsor to develop an outline of proposed projects to be described in an Individual Learning Contract. If students wish to gain internship experience they must secure the agreement and signature of a field supervisor prior to the initiation of the internship contract.
This faculty wecomes internships and contracts in the areas of environmental health; health policy; public law; cultural studies; ethnic studies; the arts (including acrylic and oil painting, sculpture, or textiles); water policy and hydrolic systems; permaculture, economics of agriculture; toxins and brownfields; community planning, intranational relations.
This opportunity is open to those who wish to continue with applied projects that seek to create social change in our community (as a result of work begun in fall 2010 and winter 2011 "Problems to Issues to Policies;" to those begining internship work at the State capitol who seek to expand their experience to public agencies and non-profit institutions; and to those interested in the study of low income populations and legal aid.
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning < 25% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Research Possibilities
- engaging studies for legislative officials to be continued into the spring quarter
- Offered During
- Day and Weekend