Summer 2013 quarter
- George Freeman clinical psychology
- Fields of Study
- cultural studies, gender and women's studies, psychology and queer studies
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- social work, health-related fields, social service agencies, graduate study
This program will explore the central personality theories from a traditional perspective as well as a nontraditional perspective. We will examine the relationship of personality theories to abnormal behavior and develop an understanding of the DSM classification system and other diagnostic methods. We will use an on-line Moodle site to facilitate discussions of the texts and other pertinent issues. We will use segments of films to reinforce the theoretical and practical concepts we’re learning.
Although the program is structured for a combined 8 credits, students wanting to complete only the abnormal psychology credits or the personality theory credits separately may register for only 4 credits.
- Advertised Schedule
- 9a-5p Thu/Fri (Aug. 1 - Aug. 30)
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning < 25% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Internship Possibilities
- I can support an internship as part of the program for additional credits or as a substitute for 4 credits of the program.
- Offered During