Fall 2012 and Winter 2013 quarters
- Mukti Khanna psychology , Glenn Landram management science, statistics , Marja Eloheimo ethnobotany, environmental and cultural anthropology, plant studies
- Fields of Study
- botany, business and management, consciousness studies, cultural studies, health and psychology
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- counseling, health, health care practice, psychology, social and human services, and botanical medicine.
Mind-body medicine is an interdisciplinary field focusing on the applications of sociocultural, psychosocial, somatic and behavioral knowledge relevant to health and wellness. Fall quarter will explore historical foundations of mind-body medicine from diverse cultural and disciplinary perspectives. We will look at how mind-body medicine is being integrated into health care in disease prevention, health promotion, treatment and rehabilitation centers. During fall quarter, we will expand upon our exploration of mind-body medicine by examining some of the financial implications of our health care systems and what influence individuals have in the process. We will also explore plants as a medicine to gain both botanical and cultural understandings as well as integrate concepts with practice.
Winter quarter will allow students to implement their own Cocreative Learning Plans with program modules and individual project or internship studies. Optional program modules will include readings and seminar, health psychology, statistics for graduate school preparation, and medicinal botany. Students who are in good academic standing may take 4-16 credits of project or internship studies within the program. Student project and internship work will be presented in a program-wide fair at the end of the quarter.
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- Enhanced Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Required Fees
- $50 in fall for art supplies; in winter, fees vary by module: 1) health psychology module $60 for art supplies (and optional $110 for acutonics forks); (2) medicinal botany module $25 for supplies.
- Offered During
|November 15th, 2012||New students will be accepted into this program during winter quarter with faculty approval.|
|April 23rd, 2012||Glenn Landram has joined the teaching team; description, enrollment, and fees have been updated.|
|April 3rd, 2012||Marja Eloheimo will be teaching this program with Mukti Khanna.|