Fall 2012 quarter
- Marcella Benson-Quaziena human and organizational systems
- Fields of Study
- health, psychology and sociology
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- community development, human services, sociology, social work, health and wellness, health related fields and social psychology.
This quarter long program will take on a broad base study of well-being, addressing the mental, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual dimensions. The program will examine the diverse ways individuals within cultural communities define well-being as well as the connection between well-being and our "shadow" side. We will provide an environment to assist students to further develop competencies in the disciplines of psychology, community and health, and spiritual practice. During the quarter we will devote time to critical analysis, experiential inquiry, writing skills, and computer proficiencies. We will address the questions: What contributes to satisfying, engaging, and meaningful living; and What conditions allow people and communities to flourish?
- Students must be present at the first class to be considered registered.
- Use of Moodle Web-based software is a required part of this program.
- Advertised Schedule
- 9a-5p Sat/Sun (Sept. 29; Oct. 20, 21; Nov 17, 18; Dec 1, 2)
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning < 25% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Required Fees
- $20 for assessment tools
- Offered During
|July 12th, 2012||Schedule added.|