Winter 2013 and Spring 2013 quarters
- Marcella Benson-Quaziena human and organizational systems
- Fields of Study
- business and management, leadership studies and psychology
To be a successful leader one must be an active follower and to be a successful follower one must be an adaptive leader. This two-quarter long program is designed for students who wish to understand the relationship between followership and leadership and to develop or enhance their leadership knowledge and skills. The program will concentrate on the personal, interpersonal and group skills essential for effective followership and leadership. We will contrast leadership styles and focus on the self-examination necessary for adaptive leadership with the goal of developing effective skills for contemporary organizations. The program assumes a willingness to accept necessary changes in behavior, to practice, to apply skills, and to evaluate skill development through assessment of practice.
Please note: Students must be present at the first class to be considered registered. Use of Moodle Web-based software is a required part of this program.
- Advertised Schedule
- Winter: 9a-5p Sat/Sun (Jan. 12, 26, 27, Feb. 16, 17, Mar. 2, 3); Spring: 6-9p Friday, Apr. 5, 9a-5p Sat/Sun (Apr 20, 21, May 11, 12, June 1, 2)
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning < 25% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Required Fees
- $30 per quarter for assessment tools
- Offered During
|January 11th, 2013||Spring quarter dates added.|
|October 10th, 2012||Winter quarter dates added.|