Fall 2013 and Winter 2014 quarters
- Ariel Goldberger creativity, artistic process, mysticism, writing
- Fields of Study
- consciousness studies, cultural studies, dance, education, leadership studies, media arts, music, philosophy, psychology, sociology, theater, visual arts and writing
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- Any field that requires imagination, creativity and innovation.
This academic offering is devoted to studies, research and explorations of creativity, imagination and innovation from various disciplinary and inter-disciplinary frames of reference. This program will take the original focus on collaborative education and interdisciplinarity of the college very seriously and will rely on student energy, interest and initiative. Students will be asked to collaborate with the faculty to design, direct, and engage a program of studies focused on the latest developments in the study of creativity, imagination, and innovation. The goal is to endow studies with personal relevance, agency, and passion. The faculty will act as a facilitator and guide helping you when difficulties arise, but may not be able to provide expertise in all areas.
Students will be strongly encouraged to pursue their interests, to weave them into the class to create a vibrant learning community, and to organize their studies with unique combinations of subjects, imaginative modes of study, and activities. For example, students may study creativity by blending theory and practice, and through the lens of fields like psychology, myth studies, education, cultural studies, writing, literature, arts, consciousness studies, or any combination, including subjects not mentioned, agreed upon with the faculty. Participants will collaborate with the faculty to design common activities such as seminars, and an independent project, based on team or individual interests. Students are welcome to include, as part of their practicum, or project, internships in fields that foster creativity and imagination, and are advised to initiate the required paperwork with Academic Advising as necessary.
Focused individuals with a lively sense of self-direction, discipline, and intellectual curiosity are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning 25 - 49% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Special Expenses
- Students are responsible for budgeting and covering any project expenses, including travel and any other costs.
- Internship Possibilities
- Students must complete an In-program Internship Learning Contract (designed for this program) in consultation with the faculty and Academic Advising.
- Offered During
|August 6th, 2013||This program has been cancelled.|