Fall 2013 quarter
- Kenneth Tabbutt geology , Alison Styring ornithology
- Fields of Study
- biology, ecology, field studies, geology and hydrology
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- geology, hydrology, biology, and ecology.
- college-level physical geology, biology, and pre-calculus
Ripa , Latin for river bank , is the root of riparian. Riparian zones are the interface between land and stream and are some of the most dynamic and fascinating geological and ecological systems on the planet. They are the boundary between biomes and an area of biological and hydrological diversity. This upper-division science program will focus on aspects of this unique environment. Students will learn about the hydrology of river systems and fluvial geomorphology and the animals that populate these corridors. Field studies and applied project work will be emphasized. Students will learn how to use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) as a tool for analyzing and displaying spatial data. The program will include a week-long field trip around the Olympic Peninsula.
- Schedule and Location
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Required Fees
- $250 for a multi-day field trip to the Olympic Peninsula.
- Upper Division Science Credit
- Upper division credits will be given for upper division work at the discretion of the faculty
- Offered During
|March 19th, 2013||New program added.|