Fall 2013 quarter
- Alison Styring ornithology
- Fields of Study
- biology, botany, ecology, natural history and zoology
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- biology, ecology, evolutionary biology and conservation biology.
Students will work to become specialists on one or more taxonomic groups that occur in the Pacific Northwest. Through field study and literature research, students will develop identification guides and species accounts to post on the Evergreen Natural History websites. Students may conduct specimen-based research using The Evergreen State College Natural History Collections, and projects may also involve a field component. Skills will be developed in taxonomy and systematics, bioinformatics, museum practices, digital imagery for scientific illustration, field ecology and natural history writing.
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning 25 - 49% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Upper Division Science Credit
- Upper division science credit may be awarded in taxonomy and systematics, natural history, field ecology, ornithology and/or mammalogy.
- Offered During