Spring 2014 quarter
- Bill Ransom creative writing, sociology
- Fields of Study
- literature and writing
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- writing, editing and publishing.
- Students should have taken at least one creative writing course or program that required workshops and peer critique.
This SOS is designed for students who have a body of writing in poetry, fiction or creative nonfiction that they would like to polish and submit for publication. Students will read and research a broad spectrum of contemporary publications that feature work in their genre of choice and will choose three to five publications to which they will send their work at the close of the quarter. Participants will receive instruction in effective workshop and critique methods, professional submission protocols and rewriting strategies. Groups of three will meet weekly for peer critique workshops, and an all-student meeting will be held weekly for a combined lecture/seminar session.
- Campus Location
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning 25 - 49% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Offered During
|September 5th, 2012||This offering has been cancelled.|