Fall 2013 and Winter 2014 quarters
- Cindy Beck
- Fields of Study
- health and physiology
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- health-related fields, education, fitness industry
In our society the human body is often sedentary and overfed, like something on a factory farm. However, it was meant to be active and powered by nourishing whole foods. This is the secret of vitality.
We can make daily life more productive, satisfying, and healthy. Using both personal and community health as guideposts, students will embark on a journey of discovery, looking at the body through movement, nutrition, and mindfulness. This program is designed to help students integrate many facets into a healthy lifestyle. Students will learn how flexibility and strength impact the musculoskeletal system on an anatomical and physiological basis. They will understand the impact of exercise on the cardiovascular, respiratory, and nervous systems. Diet will be woven throughout the program, highlighting how our food choices impact our energy, mood, and metabolism.
- Advertised Schedule
- 6-10p Mon/Wed
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Upper Division Science Credit
- Upper division science credit will be awarded in kinesiology, exercise physiology, and nutrition to students that demonstrate a solid understanding of the material.
- Offered During
|September 26th, 2013||Faculty signature requirement added for winter quarter.|