Spring 2015 quarter
- Peter Dorman economics, political economy, statistics
- Fields of Study
- business and management, economics and political economy
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- any field that uses quantitative information, such as business and management, economics, health, law and public policy, philosophy of science, political economy, political science, psychology and sociology.
- One quarter of introductory probability and statistics.
Ours is a data-rich world. The importance of being able to use, analyze and interpret data is increasingly crucial. This program builds on your prior background in statistics to take the next steps: figuring out what quantitative information you need, creating systems to collect it and using advanced methods to uncover hidden patterns or test hypotheses. In addition to analytical techniques like regression and factor analysis, we will study topics in sampling and research design and follow current controversies dividing the data world, like the battle between Bayesians and frequentists and the dispute over experimental methods in policy evaluation.
- Online Learning
- Hybrid Online Learning < 25% Delivered Online
- Greener Store
- Offered During