Fall 2014, Winter 2015 and Spring 2015 quarters
- Elena Smith Russian language
- Fields of Study
- cultural studies, language studies, literature and visual arts
- Preparatory for studies or careers in
- Language and cultural studies, international and literary studies.
This year-long course is designed to teach students to read the mysterious looking Cyrillic script, write the unique Russian cursive, construct sentences and express themselves in Russian. Students will immerse themselves in the colorful cultural and historical context provided by authentic text, film, music, and visual arts. Exploring selected works by such literary masters as A. Pushkin, L. Tolstoy, and A. Chekhov, to name a few, students will be able to understand not only the specifics of Russian grammar and vocabulary but also the complexities of Russian character and the Russian way of thinking as documented and preserved by outstanding Russian authors.
- Advertised Schedule
- 5:30-7:30p Tue/Thu
- Online Learning
- No Required Online Learning
- Greener Store
- Offered During