Committee Details and Nomination
President's Diversity Fund for Equity and Social Justice Committee Membership
- Nine members.
- 2 each of faculty, staff and alumni, 3 students.
- Culturally diverse.
- Members should bring a variety of approaches to the work of the committee, meaning diversity of expertise and disciplines, such as performance, science, events production, media, etc.
- Include representation from the Olympia and Tacoma communities.
- Term of service is two years.
- Average involvement per month: 8 Hours
- Monthly meetings, one afternoon a month during the academic year to conduct its business.
- The Committee may commit itself to additional activities as it sees fit.
- The Committee has two annual retreats: May and August/September
- Evergreen alum or current Evergreen student, faculty or staff.
- Commitment to promoting a positive campus environment for diversity.
- Commitment to collaborative decision-making.
- Willing to serve for two-years.
- Able to attend monthly on-campus meetings.
- Willing and able to provide timely grant reviews.
- Serve as spokespersons and advocates for the Diversity Fund, its values and mission.
- Each spring, establish and publish grant priorities, application criteria and timelines for the following academic year.
- Inform the entire college (including staff, faculty and students, the Tacoma, Reservation Based, Evening and Weekend and Graduate Programs) about the availability of and criteria for Diversity Fund grants through marketing and promotion.
- Read proposals and award grants with two goals in mind:
- Supporting proposals that address the priorities established for that year;
- Supporting an array of activities that combine to meet the developmental needs of the community.
- Make other funding decisions consistent with the mission of the fund.
- Ensure that grantees provide project evaluations consistent with fund criteria.
- As schedules allow, represent the committee at funded activities.
- Assess the effectiveness of activities supported or produced by the fund.