Labor and equipment costs are always charged to the requestor if support is for any event with an admission fee--even if admission is on a donation basis. When no admission is being charged, staff time is charged back if the request is not supporting an academic program.
- Equipment, Space, and Labor Rates
- Fee Structure
- Package Production Rates NOTE: This link will be most helpful in assisting you with estimating event costs for media!
- Media Production Planning Guide
The Electronic Media Group of Media Services provides quality technical media production support for campus events.
- Public address system set-up
- Sound reinforcement for concerts and presentations
- Video documentation
Production requests are negotiated per event with Electronic Media. Costs are based on time and complexity of each production. Consult our helpful production planning tips and hints page for assistance.
All productions must be negotiated in advance.
Audio and Media Productions Contact Ben Hargett at (360) 867-6268
Video Productions Contact Dave Cramton at (360) 867-5505
Equipment and Labor Rate Details
- Contact Space Scheduling to reserve your room space.
- If you require the use of media equipment and/or training on media classroom equipment, contact Electronic Media at (360) 867-6270.
- There is a fee for use of media classrooms for non-academic events. If you use any of the media equipment in the media classrooms for your non-academic event, consult the Equipment and Labor Rates page for associated space costs. Call Electronic Media for billing questions.
- For class or class-related events with no admission fee we charge for labor and materials at the academic rate.
- For class or class-related events with admission fees or requested/suggested donations we charge for labor, materials, and equipment at the academic rate.
- All non-academic college sponsored events are charged for labor, materials, and equipment rental at the campus rate.
- Other events, including Conference Services activities and other external clients, will be charged the commercial/external rate for labor, equipment, and materials.
For technical assistance in the media classrooms, including obtaining keys and training, call during non-summer hours:
Electronic Media Front Desk - Lib 1501
Mon-Thurs 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Fri to 5 pm
Seminar II Media Technician
Mon-Fri, 8 am to 5 pm
Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm
Mon-Fri 9 am to 6 pm
Equipment, Space, and Labor Rates
Media Classrooms - Use, reservations, and training
Visit our Equipment and Labor Rates page for specifics on costs and types of events. Charges for your event will be based on its type and complexity. Academic events receive priority.
Our two-rate system is based on whether your event is academic/campus or commercial/external.
Academic events are class and class-related events.
Campus events are non-academic events for students, faculty, and staff on campus which support the college mission whether charging admission, accepting a donation, or free.
Commercial and External events include Conferences, Agencies, Alumni and all other users, including individuals, groups attending conferences on campus, or state agencies requesting service.
Package Production Rates and Planning Guide