The Evergreen Wellness Committee's mission is to develop, provide, and assess programs and opportunities for employees to develop healthier lifestyles. Read more...
Eligibility for Participation
In keeping with the Evergreen Wellness Committee’s mission to develop, provide, and assess programs and opportunities for employees to develop healthier lifestyles, all non-student employees, whether categorized as hourly, temporary, classified, exempt, or faculty, are eligible to participate in Wellness Committee-sponsored programs, though there may occasionally be exceptions, such as for some programs requiring health-benefit eligibility.
Programs and Activities
- Tobacco Cessation: Quit 4 Life through Alere Wellness and the American Cancer Society. This is not an on-campus activity. Instead, you work at your own pace directly with the program’s coaches and many tools available. Nicotine replacement therapy may be FREE for you and your qualified dependents.
- Strength Training with Lori Valentine: Wellness Sponsored – FREE to all faculty and staff each Tuesday and Thursday through June 30, 2015.
- Archery: Wellness Sponsored – FREE to all faculty and staff each Friday through June 6, 2015.
- Living Well Workshops: Taught Wednesdays 4:30 pm -5:30 pm, Sem II B2109.
- Lunchtime Wellness Talks: scheduled periodically throughout the year
- Zumba: Starting Winter quarter, Zumba will be offered Mondays and Wednesdays from 12-1 in the CRC.
- Smart Phone Apps: Based on a faculty and staff survey, these are recommended health and wellness applications you can download to your smart phone!
- Chair Massage: Two locations:
- Olympia: Bryan J. Butler, LMP of Skywater Massage http://skywatermassage.com/ will offer chair massages at our Olympia campus fall quarter 2014. On the 4th floor of the Library Building (times and location subject to change), chair massages will be offered every other Wednesday from 11:00am – 2:00pm beginning October 8th. Walk-ins are always welcome, but you can secure your spot by calling Bryan at (360) 528-0673 or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm the day prior to your requested appointment. To help make sure as many can participate as possible, please give Bryan 24 hours notice if you need to cancel your appointment. December dates: December 3, 10, and 17.
- Tacoma:Happy Holistic Massage Therapy http://www.happyholisticmassagetherapy.com/ will offer chair massages to the Tacoma program fall quarter 2014. In Room 104 (times and location subject to change), chair massages will be offered once a month on Tuesdays from 1:00pm – 5:00pm: October 7th, November 4th, and December 2nd. Walk-ins are always welcome, but pre-arranged appointments are preferred. To obtain an appointment, stop by the Tacoma program front desk and choose the time on the sign-up sheet that works best for you. Two practitioners will be available each scheduled day offering deep tissue and relaxation massages.
Feedback can be sent to Susan Harris at email@example.com.
- Gentle Yoga: Starting Friday April 25th, Gentle Yoga classes, facilitated by Bianca Janssen-Timmen, will be offered in the CRC, room 314 from noon - 1:00 p.m.; open to faculty, students and staff.
- Meetings for Caregivers of Adults: These four meetings, open to faculty and staff, will be unformatted times for sharing. Come if you want to share, ask questions, or just listen. Arrive late, leave early, as you need. Bring your food if you like. The meetings have only two rules: What’s said there stays there; and no "shoulds."
- Thursday, November 13, noon to 1 pm, Lib. 2205
- Monday, November 17, noon to 1 pm, Lib. 2205
- Tuesday, December 2, 4:30 to 5:30 pm, Lib. 1005
- Wednesday, December 17, 4:30 to 5:30 pm, Lib. 1005
Additionally, for information on family caregiver support programs in your county, click here: http://www.altsa.dshs.wa.gov/caregiving/.
Massage Vendor Application Process
Massage vendor applicants for the Tacoma Program: If you would like to be considered as a chair massage provider for the Tacoma program located at 1210 6th Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98405 , please contact Susan Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information coming soon regarding the state-sponsored health assessment survey.
- Costantino Recreation Center (CRC)
- Map of the walking trails on campus.
- Preventative Care
- Washington State Department of Health
Nicole Ack, Civil Rights Officer and Equal Opportunity Administrator
Contact Nicole on the phone: 867-5371, at her office in Library 3102, or via email.
Wellness Committee Members
- Deb Allen-Ba, Fiscal Specialist.
- Cindy Beck, Faculty
- Lin Crowley, Media Technology Supervisor/Adjunct Faculty, Media and Chinese Studies.
- Chris Ertman, Recreation Coordinator.
- Susan Harris, Administrative Assistant to the President.
- Olga Inglebritson, Managing Director, The Evergreen State College – Tacoma
- Lorri Moore, Manager, Academic Financial Support Services.
- Susie Seip, Parking Supervisor.
- Ann Storey, Faculty
- Lorri Trimble, Library and Archives Paraprofessional.
- Laurel Uznanski, Associate Vice President of Human Resources.
The Evergreen State College was awarded Team WorkWell membership for 2014 by the Washington State Health Care Authority.