Equity and Inclusion
Evergreen Hires First-Ever Vice President for Equity and Inclusion
After a national search, The Evergreen State College will hire Chassity Holliman-Douglas as the college’s new Vice President and Vice Provost for Equity and Inclusion, the college announced June 29. Holliman-Douglas will lead and strengthen Evergreen’s work to embrace equity and foster inclusion for students, staff and faculty. She will join the college at the start of the 2017–2018 academic year.
Holliman-Douglas will oversee Evergreen’s progress toward equity and inclusion, which includes guiding campus-wide work to develop infrastructure, curricula and initiatives that support the growth and success of all students, faculty, and staff with particular emphasis on underrepresented and marginalized communities. She will provide strategic and operational leadership across the college, with a special focus on building services and programs that mentor and improve educational success and outcomes for all students.
The Equity Council
The Equity Council is a group of students, faculty, and staff who work together on issues of equity and inclusion. Learn more about intentional college-wide equity work and find out more about the Council.
Resources for the Community
Many different groups on campus can help you get the services you need, find a community, or report a concern.
Find resources and support
- Access Services: connecting students with disabilities to resources to enable success.
- Center for Community-Based Learning and Action: linking students and faculty with community organizations for mutually-beneficial opportunities.
- The President's Equity Fund: funding events and activities to encourage inclusion and equity.
- First Peoples Multicultural Advising: providing academic and social support for people of color.
- Longhouse: promoting indigenous arts and cultures.
- TRiO: assisting and serving low-income, first-generation college, and disabled students.
- Trans & Queer Center: providing academic and social support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and agender people.
- Veteran's Services: helping military, dependents, and veterans access services and benefits.
Act to stop inequity and bias
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity: ensuring a diverse workforce; preventing and responding to harassment and discrimination.
- Bias Incident Response Team: addressing hate crimes or bias incidents when more visible incidents occur that are likely to significantly affect the College community or subpopulations of the college.
- Title IX: responding to people who have experience sexual violence and helping the community support each other.