President’s Equity Fund
The President’s Equity Fund provides funding to grassroots equity programming.
Grants are available to current students, staff, and faculty for activities that support Evergreen’s commitment to equity across campus. Recipients are selected by the President’s Equity Fund Committee. Decisions are made monthly November through May for activities that take place during the academic year.
- You must be a currently enrolled student, staff, or faculty.
- Grants are awarded for putting on events, including seminars, lectures, and performances. They’re not available to pay for conference or event attendance, research, or similar activities.
- We give priority to projects that demonstrate community support from other sources, including funding, services, and volunteers.
- If you’re a student organizer, you should meet with a Student Activities advisor before applying for a grant.
How to Apply
For grants of more than $300
Deadline: 5 pm on the last Friday of every month, October through May.
Follow the steps below to apply for grants of $300 or more.
- Complete the application form. Click the link in the application form to download and fill out the budget worksheet. You’ll need to attach your budget worksheet to the application form.
- Gather your community support materials such as letters of support, sponsorships, volunteer commitments, or other funding.
- Submit the form by 5 pm by the last Friday of the month. The committee will review your application the following Friday and notify you of their decision after that.
- (Optional) Attend the committee meeting at 3:15 pm on the first Friday of the month for an opportunity to present your proposal. This is your opportunity to present your case in person and answer any questions the committee may have.
PEF mini-grants (flat $300 award)
If you need a smaller amount of funding, apply for a $300 mini-grant. Applications are accepted at any time. You do not need to fill out a budget worksheet, although documentation of cost estimates and community support will help your proposal.
Printable applications can be found below and submitted in person to the Office of the President (Olympia, Library 3200).
The President’s Equity Fund may not be capable of meeting all the legitimate requests for funding support. The President’s designees will make every effort to award funding in a manner they believe will address equity broadly defined. Applying early may improve the chance of receiving funding.