President’s Equity Fund
The President’s Equity Fund provides funding to grassroots equity and inclusion programming.
Grants are available to current students, staff, and faculty for activities that support Evergreen’s commitment to equity across campus. Recipients are selected by the President’s Equity Fund Committee. Decisions are made monthly November through May for activities that take place during the academic year.
- You must be a currently enrolled student, staff, or faculty.
- Grants are awarded for putting on events, including seminars, lectures, and performances. They’re not available to pay for conference or event attendance, research, or similar activities.
- We give priority to projects that demonstrate community support from other sources, including funding, services, and volunteers.
- If you’re a student organizer, you are required to meet with a Student Activities advisor before applying for a grant.
How to Apply
For grants of more than $300
Deadline: 5 pm on the first Monday of every month, November through May (except December).
Follow the steps below to apply for grants of $300 or more.
- Complete the grant application form (Word) and budget worksheet (Excel). You’ll need to attach your budget worksheet to the application form.
- Gather your community support materials such as letters of support, sponsorships, volunteer commitments, or other funding.
- Submit the form by 5 pm by on the first Monday of each month. The committee will review your application at the next committee meeting and notify you of their decision within 5 business days.
- A committee member will contact you via email to schedule your presentation time at the next PEF meeting. Although this is optional, you will have an opportunity to present your case in person and answer any questions the committee may have.
PEF mini-grants (up to $300 award)
Deadline: None (except December).
If you need a smaller amount of funding, apply for a mini-grant (Word). Applications are accepted at any time. You do not need to fill out a budget worksheet, although documentation of cost estimates and community support will help your proposal.
The President’s Equity Fund may not be capable of meeting all the legitimate requests for funding support. The President’s designees will make every effort to award funding in a manner they believe will address equity and inclusion broadly defined. Applying early may improve the chance of receiving funding.