New Student Orientation prepares students to succeed during the first year and beyond. Orientation includes plenty of fun activities to connect with other Greeners!
New Student Orientation, September 19–27
During Orientation Week, new students will think together and act together while learning about:
- Your Education and Your Academic Statement
- Ways to Thrive as Members of the Evergreen Community
- Learning Through Community Service
- Sustainability at Evergreen
- Expectations of Members of the Evergreen Community
- Living and Learning Across Significant Differences
- Student Services to Support Your Success
- Academic and Career Planning
- Our Beautiful Pacific Northwest
- Meeting New Friends and Creating Your Own Community
Some events in the Orientation Week schedule are required for all new students, and some are optional. All are designed to help you be a successful Evergreen student. Please plan to participate fully in Orientation Week—it will make a difference for you!* Welcome to Evergreen; we’re glad you are here.
Friends and Family Weekend, September 19–20
The start of an academic career at Evergreen is important not only for the students themselves, but also for you, the friends and family who will support them over the next few years.
Family & Friends Weekend offers you opportunities to talk with staff and currently enrolled Evergreen students, attend informational sessions, take in a theater production, and enjoy Sunday brunch at The Greenery. An Evergreen Welcome Session will feature Evergreen President Les Purce, Vice President Wendy Endress, and Academic Dean Nancy Murray.
To pre-pay for the Family & Friends Brunch @ The Greenery please visit: Brunch Tickets
For travelers arriving before the 20th, here are some handy resources for planning your trip:
Reminder: Olympia is a temperate climate, so be prepared to dress for chilly mornings and warm afternoons.
* Evening and Weekend Studies students whose daytime schedules prevent attendance at some required sessions can find information about alternatives at www.evergreen.edu/orientation/alternate_sessions
If you are a student with a disability in need of an accommodation during Orientation Week, please contact Access Services for Students with Disabilities at (360) 867-6348, or TTY (360) 867-6834 as soon as possible prior to the events you are attending.