Facilities Services helps keep Evergreen running
We provide a clean, comfortable, safe and well maintained physical environment suitable to the dynamic learning experience for which The Evergreen State College is nationally acclaimed.
Gender Inclusive Restroom Survey
Please click on the following links to see the drawings for the Library (2 pages) and
Seminar II (5 pages) Gender Inclusive Restroom Survey.
First-Year Student Housing (FYSH)
NOTICE OF ACTION
Notice is given under SEPA, RCW 43.21C.080, that the Evergreen State College took the action described in (2) below on September 20, 2017.
1. Any action to set aside, enjoin, review, or otherwise challenge such action on the grounds of noncompliance with the provisions of chapter 43.21C RCW (State Environmental Policy Act) shall be commenced on or before October 20, 2017.
2. Description of agency action: DETERMINATION OF NONSIGNIFICANCE (DNS)
3. Description of proposal: New First Year Student Housing: new construction of an approximately 110,000 square foot student housing facility for 480 beds, housing / living spaces for resident directors, and office and support space for residential administrative staff.
4. Location of proposal: 2700 Evergreen Parkway NW, The Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA 98505.
5. Type of environmental review under SEPA:
- Environmental Checklist: New First Year Student Housing, Project #R17-300 for the Evergreen State College (August 28, 2017).
Final Determination of Nonsignificance for the New First Year Student Housing, Project #R17-300 (September 20, 2017).
6. Documents may be examined during regular business hours at: the Evergreen State College Facilities Services Office, 2700 Evergreen Parkway NW, Olympia, WA 98505, located at the Lab II Building, Room 1254, (360) 867-6700.
7. Name of agency, proponent, or applicant giving notice: the Evergreen State College.
8. This notice is filed by:
Jeanne Rynne, R.A.
Associate Vice President of Facilities
Designated SEPA Responsible Official
DETERMINATION OF NONSIGNIFICANCE (DNS)
Proposal: New First Year Student Housing: new construction of an approximately 110,000 square foot student housing facility for 480 beds, housing / living spaces for resident directors, and office and support space for residential administrative staff.
Proponent/Lead Agency: The Evergreen State College
Location: 2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Olympia, WA 98505
Parcel No. 12806410000, Section S06182W
The Evergreen State College, acting as lead agency and proponent, has determined that this proposal does not have a probable significant adverse impact on the environment. An Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is not required under RCW 43.21C.030 (2)(c). This decision was made after review of a completed environmental checklist and other information on file with The Evergreen State College. This information is available to the public on request and on The Evergreen State College website at http://www.evergreen.edu/facilities.
This Final DNS is issued under WAC 197-11-340(2); The DNS will be final after the expiration of the appeal deadline. A Notice of Action is issued commencing the appeal period in accordance with RCW 43.21C.080 (2)(a).
Responsible Official: Jeanne Rynne, Director of Facilities
Lead Agency: The Evergreen State College
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Olympia, WA 98505
phone: (360) 867-6700
fax: (360) 867-6791
Date of Issue: September 20, 2017
NOTE: Pursuant to RCW 43.21C.075, the final determination of the Responsible Official may be appealed. Any action to set aside, enjoin, review or otherwise challenge such action on the grounds of noncompliance with the provisions of chapter 43.21C RCW (State Environmental Policy Act) shall be commenced in Thurston County Superior Court.
NOTE: The issuance of this DNS does not constitute project approval. The proposal must comply with applicable requirements of Thurston County prior to receiving construction permits.
First Year Housing Committee
The First-Year Student Housing (FYSH) Committee started meeting. For updates follow the FYSH link.
Facilities Services Organization Chart
(To view the image in a larger format, right click and open in a new tab.)
Indigenous Arts Campus - Master Plan
Evergreen hosts thousands of visitors every year, and the Longhouse is a primary campus attraction as the college’s premiere gathering space. The creation of the Longhouse’s Indigenous Arts Campus will provide intriguing new indoor and outdoor spaces for people to gather, interact, and learn more about Indigenous Arts and Cultures from around the Pacific Rim and Pacific Northwest.