Facilities Engineering Services
Engineering Services provides support for many technical projects related to campus planning and operations. Tom Lindahl, P.E., M.B.A., serves as the Facilities Engineer. Tom began his service here at Evergreen in June of 2017 but for 16 years prior to that, he held the position of Chief Engineer with the Washington State Patrol.
Prior to public employment, Tom was a Designer and Project Engineer in the aerospace industry, in medical equipment technology and in the field of high-tech electronics. He also developed equipment for worldwide industrial wastewater treatment applications and later, was a Vice President for the Ashland Technologies Division of Ashland Oil Corporation. Subsequent to that he was President of a small environmental services and consulting firm in Portland, Oregon
Tom is a licensed professional engineer in the States of Washington and Oregon. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering from Montana State University and a Master of Business Administration from the American Institute of Foreign Trade, in Glendale, AZ, now part of Arizona State University.
The goals of Engineering Services include:
- Monitoring and controlling the use of utilities,
- Managing boundary issues,
- Supporting the mission of the college by assisting students and faculty,
- Providing system design, assuring the safety of engineered systems, performing economic analyses of proposals, and assisting with code compliance,
- Managing projects,
- Providing support as required for projects managed by others,
- Managing the elevator maintenance contract.