Information about the Education Tax Credits
Education tax credits can help offset the costs of education.
The American Opportunity (Hope Credit extended) and the Lifetime Learning Credit are education credits you can subtract in full from the federal income tax, not just deduct from taxable income.
- American Opportunity Credit
- Education Credits can help at tax time
- Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education
- Form 8863, Education Credits (Hope and Lifetime Learning Credits)
- Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
Coverdell Education Savings Accounts Can Make Education Costs Less Taxing
- Education and Work-related Expenses
The Internal Revenue Service has also announced the availability of video and audio products to help taxpayers. The IRS has launched a YouTube video site and an iTunes podcast site. The same podcasts are available at IRS.govs multimedia center.