How to Graduate
Your degree is awarded when you have satisfied the following requirements:
- Met your degree’s credit requirements, and all credits are posted to your record, including transfer and consortium credits
- Submitted a final Academic Statement to your transcript (if you are an undergrad admitted or re-admitted for or after Fall quarter 2013)
- Received Director’s Approval (if you attended a graduate or Tribal program only)
You must be admitted to Evergreen and apply for graduation in order to be awarded a degree.
You must be logged in to my.evergreen.edu and within two quarters of earning the minimum number of credits toward your degree.
Mail, fax, or drop off your completed application to Registration & Records. (See address below.)
Send paper applications to
Registration and Records Office
The Evergreen State College
Olympia, WA 98505
Fax: (360) 867-6680
You should also complete the online career development exit survey.
Your account will be billed a $25 graduation fee, which you can pay online through my.evergreen.edu. (Go to Web Payment, select “Make a Payment” and add the outstanding balance to your basket.)
|Fall||Week 5, Fall Quarter (late October)|
|Winter||Week 5, Winter Quarter (early February)|
|Spring or Summer||Week 2, Spring Quarter (mid April)|
All undergraduate students admitted or re-admitted Fall 2013 or after are required to submit an Academic Statement to graduate. If you were admitted before Fall 2013 or you are a graduate student, you are encouraged, but not required, to submit your Academic Statement.
You must resolve any holds on your account before you can apply to graduate. If you have holds, see the to-do box on your my.evergreen.edu home page for more information.
If you transfer credits from another college, 45 of your last 90 credits must be earned at Evergreen. If you have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college (including Evergreen) and wish to earn a second bachelor’s degree, you must earn at least 45 additional credits at Evergreen.
- Bachelor of Arts: Requires a minimum of 180 credits.
- Bachelor of Science: You must declare your intent (PDF) to pursue a BS degree. Requires a minimum of 180 credits. 72 of these credits must be science, math or computer science, and 48 of those must be upper division (Junior or Senior level) credits.
- Bachelor of Arts & Science: You must declare your intent (PDF) to pursue a BAS degree. Requires a minimum of 225 credits. 72 of these credits must be science, math or computer science, and 48 of those must be upper division (Junior or Senior level) credits.
See your graduate program’s site for their degree requirements. In order to access the online graduation application, you must be logged in to my.evergreen.edu and within two quarters of earning the minimum number of credits toward your degree.
Preparing for Graduation
There are several items you may need to do before you graduate. Here is a list of the most common items students need to complete before graduating.
Loan Exit Interviews
You must complete an exit interview if you received student loans while at Evergreen. See the links below for the exit interview process for the types of loans that you received.