Students love living in campus housing because it provides the right mix of convenience, cost, and access to great events and other activities.
Things to Do
Living on campus allows you to be close to all the social and educational opportunities Evergreen offers. There's always something happening on campus, whether it’s a club meeting, an event, a hike in Evergreen's woods, or lunch on Red Square with friends.
“Living on campus is convenient for my classes and I feel like I am in the heart of Evergreen and truly feel like a member of the community.”
Housing Community Center
Meet with other residents, pick up your mail, do your laundry, watch HD cable television, and purchase essentials from the POD Market.
Operated by student volunteers, the Free Store is located in the Housing Community Center. Items donated and available for free often include clothing, books, CDs, kitchen utensils, and much more. You can donate items, find things you need, or be a volunteer. Hours of operation vary each quarter.
Residents can reserve one of twelve garden plots to grow their own fresh produce. The beds were designed and built as a collaboration between residents, staff, and the Community Gardens student group. Community gardeners have access to a nearby toolshed.
Free Bike Use
Explore campus and Olympia by bicycle. We make bikes available to campus residents for free. All our bikes are Bombus Bikes, made locally by an Evergreen graduate. When you check out a bike, you also receive a helmet, bike lock, and lights. (You can build or repair your own bicycle at The Evergreen Bike Shop.)
There’s always something happening on campus, from impromptu hikes with friends to formal events hosted by the college.
And Even More
- Play pool, air hockey, foosball, and ping-pong on the first floor of A Building
- Take advantage of campus events and activities
- Tune into student-run KAOS radio
- Pick up a copy of the Cooper Point Journal to keep up on what’s happening
We’ve Got You CoveredYou can get what you need nearby. In addition to a variety of food options, lots of basic amenities are available from the POD Market, Free Store, and Greener Bookstore. Plus, with your free bus pass, you’re just a short ride from local stores and the mall.
The biggest perk of living on campus is convenience. You're so close to the upper campus that getting to class is a breeze—plus the Costantino Recreation Center (CRC) and College Activities Building (CAB) are just a quick walk from your front door. You'll also have Evergreen’s beautiful woods and beach right in your backyard!
- Students get a free membership to the CRC with all its amenities
- Outdoor sports: fields, track, lighted tennis courts, and a sheltered soccer pavilion
- Free outdoor tanning area (weather permitting)
- Close to forest and beach trails
- Easy bus access (ride free with your student ID)
- On-campus health services
- Sports games on the fields, in the sheltered soccer pavilion, or in the CRC