Housing Check-In Information
Fall Check-In for new Evergreen students attending Orientation is Tuesday, September 18, 2018.
Nearly a thousand new students will arrive on campus for check-in on Tuesday, September 18, and before Orientation begins on September 19. To make this process as smooth as possible and minimize your time waiting in lines, we assign housing check in times based on where you will be living.
While new students check in on Tuesday, September 18, 2018, Fall Check-In for returners begins Friday, September 21, 2018 at 9 a.m.
You will receive detailed information, including a map and your assigned check in window, late in the summer. The housing check in process will look something like this:
- Follow the directions to F parking lot where you will check in by signing your contract and receiving your keys. If you are a new student, have your check in timeframe information with you (postcard or electronic copy).
- Expect a brief wait in F lot before being directed to an unloading area near your room
- RAD (Residential and Dining Services) Staff in green shirts will be available to help you move your belongings to your room. After unloading, you will be directed to quickly move your car to parking lot C to make room for other students. If you will be bringing more than one vehicle with belongings, please arrive in F lot at the same time so you can be queued up together. If you will be bringing more than one vehicle with family or friends to help you but without belongings, please coordinate your arrival so those parking in C lot have time to walk to Housing to assist you.
- Check-Ins after 6 p.m. are not available unless you make arrangements in advance with the Residential and Dining Services office
DIRECTIONS TO CAMPUS
- Take I-5 to Exit 104, and follow Highway 101 to the third exit (The Evergreen State College). As you exit, you will see signs directing you to Evergreen Housing
- More detailed directions and maps
- If you’re not arriving by car, either the bus or airport shuttle have stops near A building that are walking distance to the F lot check in. Check with your transportation provider for exact stops, or call if you have additional questions
- Park in C parking lot after you have checked in and unloaded your belongings
- F parking lot will be available after 5 p.m. on Check In day
- Beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, September 19 you will need to pay to park in all lots on campus
- Parking Services staff will be available on Check-In Day in the Parking Office at Sem 3157
- Visit the Parking website for more information
CHECKING IN AFTER CHECK IN DAY
- You can Check-In on Wednesday, September 19-Friday September 21, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.. in the Residential and Dining Services Office, located on the 3rd floor of A building
- If you arrive after 5 p.m., contact Police Services at 360-867-6832 until 10 p.m. On-duty staff will check you in
- If you cannot check in by noon on Monday, September 24, you must make arrangements with the Residential and Dining Services Office or you may lose your room assignment and forfeit your confirmation payment
AFTER CHECKING IN
- Visit the campus bookstore.
- Attend orientation events - www.evergreen.edu/events/orientation
- Have dinner in The Greenery or in one of Olympia's local restaurants.
- Call the bookstore anytime at 360-867-6212 to set up a pre-paid account to easily charge bookstore items in the store
- Textbooks will be available to order or reserve for in-store pickup at www.tescbookstore.com starting in September
- The bookstore also offers many other necessities such as notebooks, discounted Microsoft & Adobe software, and Geoduck gear
MAILING BELONGINGS BEFORE CHECK IN
- Please do not ship packages before September 12
- Packages can be picked up at the mailroom in the Housing Community Center beginning Tuesday, September 18 during Check-In from 9 am to 5 pm
- The Mailroom will also be open on Wednesday, September 19 from 1:30pm - 4:00pm
- Remember to include your return address on packages and bring identification to pick them up when you arrive on campus
We look forward to seeing you on Check-In Day, Tuesday, September 18! If you have any additional questions, please contact us.