Housing Check In Information
Fall Check-In for new Evergreen students attending Orientation is Tuesday, September 20, 2016 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Fall Check-In for returners begins Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 9 a.m.
- Follow the directions to F parking lot where you will check in by signing your contract and receiving your keys. Have your room assignment handy to expedite the process
- Expect a brief wait in F lot before being directed to an unloading area near your room
- RAD (Residential and Dining Services) Staff in green shirts will be available to help you move your belongings to your room. After unloading, you will be directed to quickly move your car to parking lot C to make room for other students. (If you will be bringing more than one vehicle with belongings, please arrive in F lot at the same time so you can be queued up together. If you will be bringing more than one vehicle with family or friends to help you but without belongings, please coordinate your arrival so those parking in C lot have time to walk to Housing to assist you)
- If you will be living in the Mods (your housing assignment begins with M, for example M-304), follow the signs and check in at the Mods
- If you are a new student and arrive between 4 p.m.. and 6 p.m. on Tuesday September 20, you can check in at the Residential and Dining Services Office, located on the 3rd floor of A building
- Check-Ins after 6 p.m. are not available unless you make arrangements in advance with the Residential and Dining Services office
DIRECTIONS TO CAMPUS
- Take I-5 to Exit 104, and follow Highway 101 to the third exit (The Evergreen State College). As you exit, you will see signs directing you to Evergreen Housing
- More detailed directions and maps
- If you’re not arriving by car, either the bus or airport shuttle have stops near A building that are walking distance to the F lot check in. Check with your transportation provider for exact stops, or call if you have additional questions
- Park in C parking lot after you have checked in and unloaded your belongings
- F parking lot will be available after 5 p.m.. on Check In day
- Beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, September 21 you will need to pay to park in all lots on campus
- Parking Services staff will be available on Check-In Day in the Parking Office at Sem 3157
- Visit the Parking website for more information
CHECKING IN AFTER CHECK IN DAY
- You can Check-In on Wednesday, September 21-Friday September 23, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.. in the Residential andDining Services Office, located on the 3rd floor of A building
- If you arrive after 5 p.m., contact Police Services at 360-867-6832 until 11 p.m. On-duty staff will check you in
- If you cannot check in by noon on Monday, September 26, you must make arrangements with the Residential and Dining Services Office or you may lose your room assignment and forfeit your confirmation payment
AFTER CHECKING IN
- There are a few things to do after you check in such as:
- Pick up your orientation nametag.
- On 9/20 pick up your nametag in the info tent in Red Square
- After 9/20 pick up your nametag at the CAB Info Desk
- Have your student ID photo taken when you pick up your nametag (you will come back to pick up your new student ID a little later).
- Visit the campus bookstore.
- Attend orientation events - www.evergreen.edu/events/orientation
- Pick up your orientation nametag.
- Call the bookstore anytime at 360-867-6212 to set up a pre-paid account to easily charge bookstore items in the store
- Textbooks will be available to order or reserve for in-store pickup at www.tescbookstore.com starting in September
- The bookstore also offers many other necessities such as notebooks, discounted Microsoft & Adobe software, and Geoduck gear
MAILING BELONGINGS BEFORE CHECK IN
- Please do not ship packages before September 14
- Packages can be picked up at the mailroom in the Housing Community Center beginning Tuesday, September 20 during Check-In from 9 am to 5 pm
- The Mailroom will also be open on Wednesday, September 21 from 1:30pm - 4:00pm
- Remember to include your return address on packages and bring identification to pick them up when you arrive on campus
We look forward to seeing you on Check-In Day, Tuesday, September 20! If you have any additional questions, please contact us.