What to Bring
Help us keep the green in "Evergreen”. Sustainability is an important component of Residential and Dining Service’s mission as well as a big part of your education. As you think about packing and planning for your arrival consider your environmental impact.
Many students choose to bring too many belongings they don't need. A good rule of thumb is that if you are bringing more than reasonably fits into one vehicle, you are bringing too much.
Residential and Dining Services strongly encourages residents to be prepared for a natural disaster by assembling an Emergency Supply Kit. We also strongly suggest reviewing the Health and Counseling Services Parent Checklist.
Essentials to bring for all residents:
- Bedding including extra-long twin-size sheets (regular twin size fits too), mattress pad, blankets, and pillows
- Alarm clock
- Personal hygiene products and prescription medicine
- Health insurance information and knowledge of how to access insurance coverage
- Clothing and personal items (seasonal items and then rotate when possible)
- Umbrella and/or rain gear
- First aid kit
- Trash can for your individual room
- Re-useable water bottle and/or coffee mug
- Re-useable shopping bag(s)
- Bicycle, helmet and lock
- Emergency Supply Kit
Suggestions of things to bring or to buy after talking with your roommates:
- Green cleaning supplies
- Bulk cleaning supplies are available at our local co-op
- Look for phosphate-free, biodegradable products
- Desk lamp with a CFL light bulb
- Pictures and posters with painters tape to hang on the wall
- Personal computer with a surge protector
In Residence Halls
There is one community kitchen in residence hall A with cooking supplies.
All kitchens are equipped with an electric stove, refrigerator, sink and cupboard space. Cooking supplies/utensils, microwaves, and dishwashers are not provided. All residents will have a Living Learning Agreement facilitated by their RA to discuss cleaning responsibilities, eating habits, grocery shopping, etc.
After talking with your roommates, you may want to consider bringing the following items:
- Basic cooking supplies including pots/pans, dishes, bowls, glasses, mugs, silverware/cutlery
- Coffee/tea/hot pot
- Rice cooker/steamer
Do not bring:
- Halogen lamps, hot plates, gas grills, camp stoves, and toaster ovens
- Pets other than fish
- Visit our policy page for a full list of what you can and cannot bring