Individual Study at Evergreen
Individual Study at Evergreen is Designed for Students Who
- are prepared to study at an advanced level,
- have already completed basic work in the classroom,
- have the ability to work independently, and
- are prepared to develop their own syllabus for the quarter.
Types of Individual Study
- Individual Learning
- Internship Learning
- In-program Internship
Differences Between Individual and Internship Learning Contracts
- The work completed in an Internship Learning Contract benefits an agency, business or individual and the work is done with the supervision of the Field Supervisor.
- There is a limit (a total of 48 credits) for the number of non-academic credits you can earn in Internship Learning Contracts and there is no limit to the number of credits you may earn through Individual Learning Contracts.
Related Areas of Study
- For Undergraduate Research Opportunities in Environmental Studies and Scientific Inquiry, see our Undergraduate Index A-Z.