Sample Internship Resumes
1007 Mason Road
Olympia, WA 98502
OBJECTIVE: To obtain an internship working with children in a mental health setting.
The Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA (Junior Status) Emphasis in child development and counseling.
South Puget Sound Community College, Olympia, WA (Associate of Arts, 1994)
Sociology Project: Survey of pre-school children Multi-cultural Counseling Paper: The use of art therapy for children The Arts and the Child Paper: Parent - Child Relationships
Classroom Assistant, The Family Support Center, Olympia, WA (1996-1997)
Assisted in supervising children aged 3-6 in the classroom setting, organized group activities, and worked one-on-one with children needing behavior management.
Library Clerk, The Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA (1995-1996)
Assisted students in locating resources, shelved books and periodicals, and conducted library tours.
English Language Tutor, Thurston County Refugee and Immigrant Center, Olympia, WA (1992-1993)
Troop Assistant, Troop #309 Girl Scouts of America, Tumwater, WA (1992)
Available upon request
1616 Conger Street
Olympia, WA 98502
To obtain an internship using my skills and education in environmental studies.
Internship Learning Goals
- Acquire experience conducting fieldwork including sampling and monitoring.
- Learn about wildlife and endangered species protection.
- Obtain more experience educating the public about environmental issues.
The Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA (1994-1997) Bachelor of Science expected June, 1998.
Tacoma Community College, Tacoma, WA (1992-1994) Emphasis in Biology, Math and Computers.
- Tracked environmental legislation relating to protection of endangered species.
- Wrote weekly column for campus newspaper addressing environmental issues.
- Conducted bird population surveys at the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge.
- Researched and wrote paper on endangered species in the Olympic National Forest.
- Participated in group project related to alternative trapping methods.
Computer: Experienced with G.I.S., MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Word.
Writing: Excellent writing and editing skills.
Communication: Proven success at public speaking and presentation of information to diverse groups of people.
Member, Evergreen Animal Rights Network, The Evergreen State College (1995-1997)
Stream Team Volunteer, Thurston County Conservation District (1995)
Biology and Math Tutor, Tacoma Community College (1993)
Available Upon Request