Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) at Evergreen
The Evergreen State College participates in initiatives to support students studying in the Sciences. Outcomes for students and news about these programs are presented on this page.
Characteristics of High-demand Science Students
See how the characteristics of High-demand Science students compare to the total population of undergraduate students at Evergreen.
- Undergraduate High-demand Science Student Characteristics (Fall 2014) (PDF)
- Undergraduate High-demand Science Student Characteristics (Fall 2013) (PDF)
- Undergraduate High-demand Science Student Characteristics (Fall 2012) (PDF)
- Undergraduate High-demand Science Student Characteristics (Fall 2011) (PDF)
Outcomes for NSF Science Scholarship Students
Check here periodically for outcomes of students in the different STEM fields.
Biochemistry Student Outcomes
The following is a summary of outcomes for students supported by the National Science Foundation's Biochemistry scholarship programs at Evergreen.
- Final Outcomes for NSF Biochemistry Scholarship Students (Grant 2: 2011-2015) (PDF)
- Final Outcomes for NSF Biochemistry Scholarship Students (Grant 1: 2007-2012) (PDF)
Computer Science, Math, and Physics Student Outcomes
GNU-E-Duck Computer Science Club has strong first showing at Cyber Security Awareness Week (CSAW) national competition
This recently-formed academic club is focused on computer security and computer security education. They have already competed in programming and security competitions, including NYU Polytechnic University's CSAW "Capture the Flag" competition in September 2013. Evergreen placed 33rd out of 300 competing undergraduate teams -- ahead of UC Berkeley and two places behind MIT. This was their first time competing in this exercise.
Evergreen Chemistry Club recognized again by American Chemical Society
The Evergreen Chemistry Club won an Honorable Mention Chapter Award from the American Chemical Society (ACS) for the 2012-13 academic year. Despite the mid-year graduation of their president and resulting change in leadership, the Club was able to submit their chapter report on time and the award is based on that report. Since its formation in 2003 Evergreen's Chemistry Club has earned numerous national awards.