Best Resources for Academic Planning
Student Academic & Support Services
Tax Preparation Workshop for International Students: Wednesday, January 27 from 4-5pm SEM II A2109
- Use the Drop-In Advising services.
- Make an advising appointment.
- Find out about all campus resources.
- Ask about “how to” procedures.
- Attend one of many workshops.
- Meet with our resident Faculty Advisor.
- Consult on your Study Abroad planning.
- Get help with problems that arise.
- Learn about individual learning contracts and internships.
- Learn about faculty and their expertise.
- Use First Peoples Advising Services.
- Use KEY Support Services.
- Use the Health & Counseling Centers.
- Use Access Services for disability issues.
- Talk to faculty at the Academic Fair, or make an appointment.
- Get recommendations for programs.
- Ask about graduate school planning.
- Find out about professional careers.
- Ask about ways to develop your skills.
- Offer to help with class projects.
- Learn more about our areas of expertise.
- Become a colleague in teaching-learning.
- Ask about research opportunities.
- Get clarification on assignments.
- Share your academic passions with us.
- Ask about contacts for internships.
- Inquire about program and course syllabi.
- Use the Faculty-By-Subject Directory.
Career Development Offices
- Use the Drop-In Counseling services.
- Make a career advising appointment.
- Explore different professions and careers.
- Learn about Graduate School programs.
- Find out about requirements in your field.
- Develop a professional portfolio.
- Take practice graduate school exams.
- Prepare effective resumes for your field.
- Learn about internship and job options.
- Attend one of our many workshops.
- Request a transcript evaluation of credits.
- Develop your interview skills.
- Attend one of the career fairs.
- Attend one of the graduate school fairs.
The Evergreen Catalog
- Use the On-Line Catalog for up-to-date info.
- Use the paper catalog for general reference.
- Use the Fields of Study page to find specific subjects
- Plan ahead with next year’s catalog.
- Check the program description for any needed prerequisites.
- Explore the fantastic Summer offerings.
- Look ahead to graduate program offerings.
- Identify strengths and gaps in knowledge.
- Explore and add breadth to your knowledge.
- Develop depth and expertise in passion areas.
- Be a conscious creator of your education.
- Seek regular advising sessions.
- Practice good self-care.
- Use the Health and Counseling Center.