What are KEY Services?
- Students who participate in The Evergreen State College KEY Student Support Services have access to numerous tools and resources intended to help them stay in school and earn a college degree. Experienced and knowledgeable staff work individually with each student, identifying and providing those resources which will be of greatest value.
- Needs Assessment: What would you like to accomplish while at Evergreen? What are your strengths and weaknesses? KEY can help you evaluate and implement the additional support you may need to succeed.
- Academic and Career Planning: Many important decisions are made throughout your college experience. What are your academic goals? What career paths do you think about? What course offerings will support your long-range goals? Are you interested in an internship? Study abroad? Graduate school? KEY's academic specialists can help you make the choices that are right for you.
- Academic Tutoring: Take advantage of free, one-on-one tutoring sessions in subject areas such as math, science, computing or foreign languages. Your advisor can also offer some assistance with writing and study skills.
- Financial Aid Guidance: Obtaining financial aid can be a confusing process. We can help guide you through it, assist with forms and provide valuable scholarship and loan information.
- Referral and Advocacy: KEY staff are trained to identify student needs and provide linkages to vital support services on campus and in the community. These might include personal counseling, academic advising, career planning, disability access services, social services, health and wellness, ESL classes, mentoring and others.
- Social and Cultural Events: Once each quarter, KEY students gather to "eat, meet and greet," to enjoy guest speakers, holiday celebrations and lively conversation. Students also attend complimentary cultural events off campus such as theater, dance and music performances at The Washington Center for the Performing Arts.