Fee Waivers for MES Applications
The Graduate Program on the Environment offers application fee waivers to the following groups of people:
- AmeriCorps and Earth Corps alums
- AmeriCorps and Earth Corps members
- McNair Scholars
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers
- U.S. military veterans
Applicants who fall into one of these groups must submit proof of membership as defined below:
- AmeriCorps/Earth Corps alums: A copy of your AmeriCorps Service Letter obtained from my.americorps.gov. Please send a copy for each completed term of service. International Earth Corps alums must send a letter or email from Earth Corps indicating your term of service and service dates.
- AmeriCorps/Earth Corps members: A letter or email from your current supervisor indicating you are currently serving. Must indicate your intended term of service and service dates.
- McNair Scholars: A letter or email from your college's McNair coordinator that confirms you are a McNair scholar.
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers: A copy of your Description of Service (DOS) Statement.
- U.S. military veterans: A copy of your DD Form 214 (Report of Separation). Your form must indicate that you were honorably discharged.
Prior to submitting the online admission application, applicants must submit records that show proof of membership to Gail Wootan, Assistant Director, via email, fax, or mail. Applicants who are deemed eligible will receive instructions for a fee waiver code to enter into the online admission application. Applicants who submit the application without the fee waiver code will not be reimbursed for the application fee, even if they are eligible for the waiver.
The Evergreen State College
Graduate Program on the Environment
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Olympia, WA 98505