You will develop and complete your thesis over the course of your final year in MES.
- Fall: Develop your thesis design in Case Studies and Thesis Design, get matched to an advisor, and submit your thesis prospectus.
- Winter: Data collection and analysis. If your thesis concept requires data collection in a different season, talk to a core faculty as soon as you can!
- Spring: Summary of interpretation of results, public presentation, and final submission. Due on Friday of Week 10.
Before you can graduate, you must finish all 72 credits of the degree and complete and submit the thesis. Your reader must also submit their evaluation of your thesis.
Submitting Your Thesis
Read the MES thesis handbook (PDF) for thesis submission process and thesis formatting details.
You will need to pay for at least one printed copy to be submitted to The Evergreen State College Library archives. This copy must also have your thesis reader’s signature. You will also submit a PDF of your thesis on a CD to be used in library circulation. You can pay for additional print copies for your personal use.
- Request to Extend Thesis Research (PDF)
DescriptionMaster of Environmental Studies Thesis Forms
- Human Subjects Review
- Request to Present Thesis (PDF)
- Thesis Binding Order Form (fillable PDF)
- Thesis Formatting Template (Word)—Note: if this template is not working for you, please search online for page numbering instructions for the word processing software for which you are using.
- Thesis Funding
- Thesis Process Flowchart for 2016-2017 (PDF)
- Thesis Prospectus (Word)