Minimum expectations for this endorsement are 20 credits from a specific set of courses. These can be completed at Evergreen or elsewhere for entrance into MiT. At Evergreen, the first two courses are offered one summer, the next two are offered the next, and continue to alternate in this pattern. The fifth, on either children's or adolescent literature, may be taken either summer.
For MiT admissions purposes, another endorsement is required with this endorsement, preferably from a core content endorsement such as elementary education, science, math or social studies.
- Foundations of literacy - 4 credits
- Research in literacy - 4 credits
- Instructional methods in reading - 4 credits
- Assessment in reading - 4 credits
- Either children's literature or adolescent literature course - 4 credits